KIWANIS CLUB OF ELLICOTT CITY SCHOLARSHIP
The Kiwanis Club of Ellicott City, Inc. will award up to seven thousand dollars ($7,000) to assist a scholastically advanced student, in financial need and living in Howard County and attending Howard Community College, to attend an accredited university.
TO QUALIFY, THE HOWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENT MUST:
1. Demonstrate financial need supported by the free application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA).
2. Be a resident of Howard County for a period of three consecutive years prior to making application.
3. Maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
4. Submit an essay.
5. Agree to participate in at least one community service project each year of the scholarship.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING FOR THE AWARD:
1. Secure a KCECS (Kiwanis Club of Ellicott City Scholarship) application from the Kiwanis Club web site (www.ellicottcitykiwanis.com). Complete and submit this application (3 pages). All data must be entered.
2. Submit official college transcripts showing minimum 3.0 point average. This record should be in a sealed envelope from the school.
3. Submit an essay describing what you consider citizenship in the community to be and what you could do to improve active participation in the community by local Kiwanis clubs. The essay should be no less than two (2) or more than four (4) typed, double-spaced pages.
4. Submit evidence that the student has resided in Howard County for the previous three (3) years. Previous school records are acceptable.
5. Provide a photocopy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This should reflect the financial data that you submit to the Department of Education.
6. Submit the correctly completed application form and associated papers postmarked or hand delivered by midnight May 31 to:
KIWANIS Club of Ellicott City
c/o Robert S. Scarburgh
8546 Marybeth Way
Ellicott City, Maryland 21043-6659
Phone: 410-465-2421 E-mail: email@example.com
1. A committee from the Kiwanis Club of Ellicott City will collect and review the applications and make the selection by June 10.
2. All papers must be signed at the appropriate places and all papers stated above must be included. Lack of signatures or necessary forms may cause the application to be disallowed.
3. The amount of the award will be up to one thousand seven hundred fifty ($1,750) dollars each semester, up to four (4) semesters. The money will be placed in the student's account at the college and may be used for tuition, textbooks, and board.
4. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure the tuition bills are submitted to the Kiwanis Club Of Ellicott City before October 31
for the fall semester and March 31 for the spring semester.
If the tuition bills are not received by these dates the tuition for that semester could be forfeited.
The scholarship awards will be made without discrimination as to race, creed, gender, or national origin of the recipients and they shall be extended without limitation because of physical disability of the potential recipients.